New Antennas from CommScope Address Efficiency and Path to 5G
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190205005090/en/
- Support 3.5 GHz for macro cell and outdoor small cell deployments with a variety of single band and multiband options available, including beamforming.
- Enable spectral efficiencies with carrier aggregation, higher-order MIMO, interference management and beamtilt capabilities.
- Are future-ready as part of the path to 5G and compatible with LTE and earlier radio technologies.
“There are limited number of RF products, including base station
antennas, combiners, and tower mounted amplifiers, available to the
market for 3.5 GHz bands,” said
New antennas and filter products now available include:
- Sector antennas for macro cells with 2.3GHz beamforming
Multibandantennas and combiners for macro cells with 1400 MHz support for use in the European Union
- Both 65° sector and quasi-omni small cell antennas
- Combiners and tower mounted amplifiers supporting 3.5GHz macro cell and small cell deployments
“Network capacity is pushed to its limits, particularly in densely
populated urban areas where additional sites are difficult or impossible
to secure,” said
Additional antennas and combiners for multiband will be available in the
coming months. You can see these solutions and more at the
This press release includes forward-looking statements that are based on information currently available to management, management’s beliefs, as well as on a number of assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, which could cause the actual results to differ materially from those currently expected. In providing forward-looking statements, the company does not intend, and is not undertaking any obligation or duty, to update these statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
News Media Contact:
Kris Kozamchak, CommScope
+1 972 792 3311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Powers, CommScope