Network Operators Edge Ahead in Race for Connected Future with CommScope
Company to host inaugural
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200310005183/en/
RUCKUS IoT Suite (Photo: Business Wire)
Advances in antenna design, open RAN interfaces and IoT management are just a few of the new additions to CommScope’s end-to-end portfolio of networking equipment. These innovations will be critical in simplifying 5G rollouts and growing operators’ enterprise business and will be showcased during the
“We see 2020 as a year of critical decisions for wireless operators as they rollout, densify, and power their networks in a variety of bands while working on driving the standards and technology,” said
Innovating for Smarter and Faster 5G Network Deployments
New solutions in CommScope’s 5G portfolio include:
- New narrow width and zero footprint antennas to address the issue of zoning restrictions and limited space, as well as installation time and complexity.
- Simplified antenna connectivity with the M-LOC cluster connector as port numbers, confusion on wiring and complexity increase.
- PowerShift in a single-rack unit to address the power needs of operators as they add more remote radio units that are higher powered.
Driving Operators’ Enterprise Growth
New standards, products and solutions will give operators the opportunity to expand their portfolio of offerings, including managed services, for their business customers. CommScope’s new products and services in this area include:
- New RUCKUS Wi-Fi 6 access points (APs): the indoor R650 and outdoor T750 for faster and more deterministic wireless coverage in a wide range of use cases including industrial IoT (IIoT) and ultra-high-density user environments such as stadiums, transport hubs and schools.
- Advancements to CommScope’s OneCell small cell include new 5G NR radios, 5G baseband virtualization and open fronthaul and management interfaces.
- Expanded functionality of the RUCKUS IoT Suite with a new integrated LoRa network server, advanced rules engine and expanded IoT ecosystem supporting building and energy management capabilities as well as vape detection in education environments.
During the past few months,
- Support for sub-6 GHz and mmWave 5G New Radio (NR) wireless connectivity on its NVG558 fixed wireless access (FWA) gateway platform. Combined with the platform’s existing support for 4G LTE and 3.5 GHz CBRS connectivity, these new capabilities expand operators’ ability to deliver triple-play services with the NVG500 Series of advanced PON, xDSL, and FWA gateways.
- Advanced solutions for Distributed Access Architecture and 10G that drive innovation for 5G and cable technologies.
To hear more about these new solutions, register to attend the CommScope’s
Network operators are pressing ahead with plans for wide-scale 5G services in 2020
5G has launched in markets and network operators continue to make critical decisions on how to make this technology live up to its potential. Here are examples of network operators that are expanding their 5G networks.
“As we lay the foundation for next generation 5G networks, we have increased coverage across
Germanyto 94.4 percent. The aim is to deploy an additional 9,000 base stations by 2021, taking us within a hair’s breadth of 100 percent coverage nationwide,” said Andreas Cyprian, head of Infrastructure & Property for Deutsche Telekom. “We continue to collaborate with CommScopeon developing a innovative solutions that maximize our network investment and build a bridge to next generation technologies.”
“In today’s digital economy, passengers expect to have access to the Internet and to be able to make calls consistently while taking the train. The provision of mobile connectivity is no longer a nice to have,” said
Nicolas Phily, project director in transportation at Orange. “As cities look to the digital future of transportation, they are turning to Orange to provide an enriched experience as they deploy 5G ready networks.”
“In line with international developments, the Saudi market is being transformed by the advances of the fourth industrial revolution. Emerging technology breakthroughs like robotics, artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things will be backed by 5G infrastructure,” said Eng. Hisham A. Alabdaly, Infrastructure Design, general manager, stc. “Looking toward Vision 2030, tourism, manufacturing and defense could reoccupy the center of economic stage in the
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. By any measure, it’s critical we implement new technologies that empower digital services to reach higher levels of efficiency and production.”
All product names, trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Lyon Metrois on the Right Track with Orange Connectivity
- CommScope Delivers Open Interfaces and Virtualization for Small Cells Maximizing the Benefits of 5G for Enterprises
- CommScope Makes 5G Implementation Smarter and Faster with New Antennas, Connectors and Power Solutions
- CommScope Recognized as a 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure
- CommScope Enables Ubiquitous High-Speed Broadband Access with 5G Fixed Wireless Access Gateway
This press release includes forward-looking statements that are based on information currently available to management, management’s beliefs, as well as on a number of assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, which could cause the actual results to differ materially from those currently expected. In providing forward-looking statements, the company does not intend, and is not undertaking any obligation or duty, to update these statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
News Media Contacts:
+1 972 792 3311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 7970 605 305 or email@example.com