RUCKUS Networks Introduces New ICX 8200 Switch Series for Optimized Wireless Service
The 8200 Switch Series is specifically designed for next generation ‘wireless-first’, IoT campus networks and fiber-to-the-room connectivity at a more affordable price point, without compromising performance or reliability.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230117005408/en/
RUCKUS Networks New ICX 8200 Switch Series (Photo: Business Wire)
“The ICX® 8200 series is a wired platform optimized for wireless service delivery, purposefully designed to handle the next generation of wireless-first and IoT campus networks,” stated
After installing new ICX 8200 switches at a campus in the
Key features and benefits of the ICX 8200 Switch series include:
- Broad connectivity options: Gigabit, multigigabit edge ports and fiber-to-the-room within a single stackable switch series. 13 different stackable models including three models with fiber edge ports, three models with multigigabit edge ports and two fanless compact switches designed for in room deployment.
Maximum performance: 2.5/5/10GbE edge ports purpose built for latest generation multigigabit
Wi-Fi APswith support for Wi-Fi 5, Wi-Fi 6/6E, Wi-Fi 7 and beyond. Up to 8x 25 Gbps SFP28 dual-mode uplink/stacking ports to eliminate uplink bottleneck and provide low latency access to applications running in the cloud and deliver ultra-high-resolution video streaming.
- High Power Delivery: Power next generation wireless access points and IoT devices with up to 90W per port of PoE power and high PoE budget up to 1480W per unit.
- Maximum Deployment Flexibility: RUCKUS signature advanced stacking capabilities including long distance stacking up to 12 units on standard SFP+/SFP28 fiber ports up to 10km greatly simplifies deployment at the access and aggregation layer and eliminate the need for specialized hardware for stacking.
- Enhanced Security: Provides both enhanced security and data privacy with VXLAN support for advanced network segmentation and data confidentiality.
- Three Years of Technical Assistance Center Support Included: This is in addition to a limited lifetime warranty with every ICX 8200.
ICX 8200 series model with gigabit copper edge ports are available for purchase today. Models with fiber edge ports and multigigabit edge ports will be available in the first half of 2023. For more information on the ICX 8200 series, please visit: https://www.commscope.com/product-type/enterprise-networking/ethernet-switches/.
This press release includes forward-looking statements that are based on information currently available to management, management’s beliefs, as well as on a number of assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, which could cause the actual results to differ materially from those currently expected. In providing forward-looking statements, the company does not intend, and is not undertaking any obligation or duty, to update these statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
News Media Contact: